- Norway’s Fjords and Mountains
- Let’s Explore Parga!
- Lucerne, the atmospheric city in Central Switzerland
- Let’s Cruise The Med – in Queen Victoria Style!
- The Blue Danube
- Mamma Mia! Here I go again!
- Rome, The Eternal City
- Go where? Gozo! By Jo Bradley
- Paris – The City of Love
- “I’m a Travel Agent” – Get me 12 Hours Off the Conveyor Belt of Life!
- A Weekend in Northern Sardinia!
- Andalucia!! Ole!
- The Arctic
- Sofia City Break by Brenda Wilkinson
- Three German Christmas Markets by Jo Bradley
- Switzerland – Shaken and Stirred! by Gill Lindley
- Magical Madeira by Gill Lindley
- Night Train to Lisbon
- David and Goliath
- Sweden on the Rocks! by Gill Lindley
- One Night In Brussels
- Disney Magic!
- Everything Spanish … just as it used to be! (video clip)
- A Tantalising Taste of Tunisia (video clip)
- Cyprus – the Island of Aphrodite
- Tunisia – the Jewel of the Mediterranean
- My First Business Trip as a Travel Agent! …..to Cyprus!
- Undiscovered Jewels of Italy
- Monte Carlo
- Destination Unknown (video clip)
- Lovely, lovely Lourdes
- Welcome to Croatia! Dubro dosli u Hrvatoku!
- Stunning Skiathos
- Bella Ischia
- Incredible Croatia
- Beautiful Bruges
- Istanbul (video clip)
- Ra Ra Rasputin! (video clip)
- Sigh a Sigh in Cyprus
- Terrific Tenerife! (video clip)
Rome, the eternal city … beautiful buildings, famous sites and treasures, wonderful Italian food and wine served in a variety of restaurants and bars, a huge array of sophisticated, quirky, arty and individual shops … it’s just the perfect place for a city break … and why not d
o it in a little bit of luxury?
I stayed at the Hotel Eden. This hotel is fresh from a huge refurbishment and is now part of the Dorchester Group. It’s impressive, but personal and from the moment I arrived the friendliness of the doorman, the reception staff, the waiters holding welcome drinks, was reassuring – this was a great place to stay! I loved the relaxing atmosphere of their library and bar (they also serve afternoon teas here on a Sunday). It seemed nothing was too much trouble! Details taken care of, I was soon shown to my suite, and the good impression continued – it was perfect! Light, airy and luxurious. What a wonderful base … because Rome sightseeing can be hard on your heels, your ears and your stamina!
It was there to explore and I started with the Spanish Steps which were just a few minutes away.
Just a couple of days … just a couple of evenings – lots of sightseeing and lovely places for lunch and dinner. I was spoiled to try the menu at the famous De Russie Hotel, well known for its garden and outdoor tables – wonderful in the summer! Dinner was sumptuous and authentic.
Another evening dinner was at the Baglioni, very different to De Russie’s menu – there is such a diversity of dining in Rome.
Then there was lunch at Inn on the Spanish Steps. Lunch Italian style. Lots of fresh fare and lots of fresh air! Alfresco Style!
The next day I was up early to see the Vatican and St Peter’s Basilica. Even so the queues were forming for people without pre purchased tickets. It’s the most impressive part of any trip to Rome, so plan and pre book!!
So many things have been written about Rome – from ancient history to modern day movies – but you must see it for yourself – and I can help plan your visit and use your time wisely. Making it an Eternal Memory for you!