- Let’s Explore Parga!
- Lucerne, the atmospheric city in Central Switzerland
- Let’s Cruise The Med – in Queen Victoria Style!
- November 2019 – River Cruising with AMA Waterways and Thailand
- The Blue Danube
- Mamma Mia! Here I go again!
- Rome, The Eternal City
- Go where? Gozo! By Jo Bradley
- Paris – The City of Love
- “I’m a Travel Agent” – Get me 12 Hours Off the Conveyor Belt of Life! by Becky Barker
- A Weekend in Northern Sardinia! by Natalie Huggett
- Andalucia!! Ole!
- The Arctic
- Sofia City Break by Brenda Wilkinson
- Three German Christmas Markets by Jo Bradley
- Switzerland – Shaken and Stirred! by Gill Lindley
- Magical Madeira by Gill Lindley
- Night Train to Lisbon
- David and Goliath
- Sweden on the Rocks! by Gill Lindley
- One Night In Brussels
- Disney Magic!
- Everything Spanish … just as it used to be! (video clip)
- A Tantalising Taste of Tunisia (video clip)
- Cyprus – the Island of Aphrodite
- Tunisia – the Jewel of the Mediterranean
- My First Business Trip as a Travel Agent! …..to Cyprus!
- Undiscovered Jewels of Italy
- Monte Carlo
- Destination Unknown (video clip)
- Lovely, lovely Lourdes
- Welcome to Croatia! Dubro dosli u Hrvatoku!
- Stunning Skiathos
- Bella Ischia
- Incredible Croatia
- Beautiful Bruges
- Istanbul (video clip)
- Ra Ra Rasputin! (video clip)
- Sigh a Sigh in Cyprus
- Terrific Tenerife! (video clip)
Now-a-days, a two-week holiday in the summer is just not enough! Short breaks help us to de-stress and relax, often. Just four and a half flying hours from the UK and Tenerife is waiting… subtropical, and with over 300 days of sunshine a year – you will shed your British layers and enjoy the warmth on a sun-bed by the pool in no time at all!
Tenerife’s scenery is magnificent – dominated by Mount Teide, there are some great beaches, sea-cliff walks and traditional Spanish towns to explore.
My visit was all about being spoiled…… a special treat, and a special time. And this is what I’d recommend.
The Abama Resort in Guia de Isora is on the West side of the island – 5 star deluxe luxury! Built in the style of a citadel, at night, lit with torches – it has an exotic Moorish elegance. The rooms in the main Citadel, are beautiful – inspired in unique ethnic features and designs. It’s easy to lose yourself in the gardens, where trees and waterfalls abound, hide away in the Spa, or take off to the fairways and greens on the 18-hole golf course.
Tagor Villas are a wonderful adults only retreat. I spent the day relaxing at its private pool, where an attendant provided complimentary drinks and hors d’oeuvres all day! In the evening the El Mirador restaurant nearby was a treat – with local seafood and a table on the terrace overlooking the island of La Gomera.
I loved the beach here – a sheltered cove of ivory sand and the only way down is the funicular railway!
The Gran Hotel Bahia Del Duque Resort and Spa is another 5 star luxury hotel. It’s quite different, built like a Canarian village. It’s like entering a different world! Architecture, sculptures and sumptuous elegance are everywhere.
There is an amazing choice of restaurants from Italian, Oriental and Canary Island cuisine, and lots of bars and cafes to enjoy a drink and light snack. I marvelled at the Spa, activities, kids clubs, sports classes, excursions on a luxury yacht, and even star gazing in the astronomic observatory! A short break is just not long enough!
I’ll just have to come again!
If you’d like to know more email me: email@example.com