- Let’s Explore Parga!
- Lucerne, the atmospheric city in Central Switzerland
- Let’s Cruise The Med – in Queen Victoria Style!
- November 2019 – River Cruising with AMA Waterways and Thailand
- The Blue Danube
- Mamma Mia! Here I go again!
- Rome, The Eternal City
- Go where? Gozo! By Jo Bradley
- Paris – The City of Love
- “I’m a Travel Agent” – Get me 12 Hours Off the Conveyor Belt of Life! by Becky Barker
- A Weekend in Northern Sardinia! by Natalie Huggett
- Andalucia!! Ole!
- The Arctic
- Sofia City Break by Brenda Wilkinson
- Three German Christmas Markets by Jo Bradley
- Switzerland – Shaken and Stirred! by Gill Lindley
- Magical Madeira by Gill Lindley
- Night Train to Lisbon
- David and Goliath
- Sweden on the Rocks! by Gill Lindley
- One Night In Brussels
- Disney Magic!
- Everything Spanish … just as it used to be! (video clip)
- A Tantalising Taste of Tunisia (video clip)
- Cyprus – the Island of Aphrodite
- Tunisia – the Jewel of the Mediterranean
- My First Business Trip as a Travel Agent! …..to Cyprus!
- Undiscovered Jewels of Italy
- Monte Carlo
- Destination Unknown (video clip)
- Lovely, lovely Lourdes
- Welcome to Croatia! Dubro dosli u Hrvatoku!
- Stunning Skiathos
- Bella Ischia
- Incredible Croatia
- Beautiful Bruges
- Istanbul (video clip)
- Ra Ra Rasputin! (video clip)
- Sigh a Sigh in Cyprus
- Terrific Tenerife! (video clip)
Set in the warm Aegean Sea, the island of Skiathos is smothered in traditional Greek charm and surrounded by crystal clear turquoise waters. I had the opportunity to visit Skiathos during the first week of July this year. The weather was fantastic without being unbearably hot, while the town was busy without being overcrowded.
Skiathos is definitely an island with lots to do, however there is always the option of relaxing with a good book on one of the many golden, sandy beaches that fringe the island.
During my seven-night stay I hired a speedboat for a day and explored some of the many uninhabited islands in the area–great if you like finding your very own private beach for the day! I also hired a 4×4 Jeep for the day and explored inland Skiathos where I discovered several beautiful Fransiscan monasteries with stunning, elevated views of the coast. Car hire is not essential on the island as the bus service is both regular and reliable. Taxis are also widely available and reasonable priced. Eating out in Skiathos is the name of the game so self catering accommodation is recommended and readily available. There are quite literally hundreds of tavernas on the island where you will find all the local dishes and the fresh catch of the day! Prices are very reasonable in such establishments and they are usually open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (which can start as late as 11pm!). For a slightly more upmarket eating experience there is a wide choice of restaurants in Skiathos Town offering superb a la carte dining.
Whatever your taste, Skiathos is definitely a destination to be savoured!
If you’d like to know more email me: firstname.lastname@example.org