- Let’s Explore Parga!
- Lucerne, the atmospheric city in Central Switzerland
- Let’s Cruise The Med – in Queen Victoria Style!
- November 2019 – River Cruising with AMA Waterways and Thailand
- The Blue Danube
- Mamma Mia! Here I go again!
- Rome, The Eternal City
- Go where? Gozo! By Jo Bradley
- Paris – The City of Love
- “I’m a Travel Agent” – Get me 12 Hours Off the Conveyor Belt of Life! by Becky Barker
- A Weekend in Northern Sardinia! by Natalie Huggett
- Andalucia!! Ole!
- The Arctic
- Sofia City Break by Brenda Wilkinson
- Three German Christmas Markets by Jo Bradley
- Switzerland – Shaken and Stirred! by Gill Lindley
- Magical Madeira by Gill Lindley
- Night Train to Lisbon
- David and Goliath
- Sweden on the Rocks! by Gill Lindley
- One Night In Brussels
- Disney Magic!
- Everything Spanish … just as it used to be! (video clip)
- A Tantalising Taste of Tunisia (video clip)
- Cyprus – the Island of Aphrodite
- Tunisia – the Jewel of the Mediterranean
- My First Business Trip as a Travel Agent! …..to Cyprus!
- Undiscovered Jewels of Italy
- Monte Carlo
- Destination Unknown (video clip)
- Lovely, lovely Lourdes
- Welcome to Croatia! Dubro dosli u Hrvatoku!
- Stunning Skiathos
- Bella Ischia
- Incredible Croatia
- Beautiful Bruges
- Istanbul (video clip)
- Ra Ra Rasputin! (video clip)
- Sigh a Sigh in Cyprus
- Terrific Tenerife! (video clip)
The first few minutes of this intriguing story rivet your attention, and then as you read on, you will join the hero on a thrilling adventure, a journey that leads him to the heart of himself!
Your first visit to Lisbon will be exactly the same! Your attention is arrested as you gaze on the vista of the city surrounded by hills, and further out, the Atlantic Ocean and Tagus River. So this setting will obviously attract the Great Explorers – Vasco da Gama, Magellan and Prince Henry the Navigator – then don’t miss The Monument of the Discoveries, or the view from the top of this 50 metre high monument.
It’s a compact and intimate city, and I got around quite easily, taking in all the major sites by the hop-on hop-off sightseeing buses and the famous Vintage Tram 28.
You will see modern shopping avenues, ancient cathedrals, majestic monasteries and old cobbled streets in the village-like area of Alfama.
It’s easy to get carried away and sightsee non-stop… but take some time off to sit in one of the numerous squares and enjoy the fountains and a cappuccino or cold beer! Or, more unique – take an elevado or funicular ride to the next level
and enjoy the vista from numerous viewpoints! As you ponder in quiet thoughts, I guarantee you will feel the pull on your heartstrings!
Your camera needs to have a full battery! There are wondrous sights to see – the 14th century Castle Saint George, perched high above the city is a must – climb the battlements and drink in the views! Down on the river, you may think you’re in San Francisco as you look at the Ponte 25 de April – a suspension bridge just like the Golden Gate! On the other side is Cristo Rei – 82m high statue of Christ … very like Cristo Redentor in Rio!
In fact, a weekend is just not enough! There are Planetariums, Oceanariums, Botanical Gardens, Parks, and zoos making it a great city for families with children too.
Are you ready to try it? We can fix it all – flights, hotels and a list of 10 (at least) Top Things to Do in Lisbon. Give me a call!