- Big Wheel Keep on Turning… Proud Mary Keep on Burning…
- November 2019 – River Cruising with AMA Waterways and Thailand
- Sydney, Rock and Reef – A First Time Tour
- Tasmania Tales by Joanna Bradley
- Australia…. Action! Adrenalin! Adventure! By Jo Bradley
- Tropical Australia
- A Town Like Alice – by Gill Lindley
- Wonderful Australia (video clip)
- Pause a While ….in Perth WA (video clip)
- A short escape and a taste of Australia (video clip)
- Kangaroo Island, South Australia
- Discover the wonders of South Australia (video clip)
- Melbourne and Its Surprises
- Australia ~ not for the faint hearted (this time)
- Two Wonders in One” for a Truly Wonderful Time!
- Two Unique Australian Islands…..Hamilton and Kangaroo by Gill Lindley (video clip)
- Australia: let the dream become reality
- Queensland vs New South Wales? Its a tough choice! by Gill Lindley (video clip)
- Time Off in Tasmania by Gill Lindley (video clip)
- Australia the second or third time around
- New South Wales… not just Sydney!
- Bugs, grubs and a croc named Sweetheart
- A whistle-stop tour of Australia
- Just Seven Days in Queensland! by Jo Bradley
Since I’ve been here at Hallmark Travel, I’ve developed a reputation of “Action Girl” and in keeping this up I jetted off on my third trip to Australia to go, to see, and to conquer!! And where are the biggest challenges? Surfers Paradise! Just an hour South of Brisbane. Arriving by helicopter, hovering over the skyscrapers on the beach, it was non stop action!
No time for jet lag, we were out at Main Beach learning to surf. Wow! The waves seem so much bigger when you are waiting to catch them! Then they pick you up and toss and turn you like a rag doll, unless you get your balance and ride your board – easy! You’ve seen it on TV! There’s so much to do in the evenings here, and we chose a front row seat at the “Australian Outback Spectacular”, a Wild West show of horses and cattle ranchers inspired from the early settlers of Australia in the Outback.
With the weekend looming, our “Great Coast Rally” the reason for my trip, was filling me with a sort of dreaded excitement. My invitation to Australia was from Qantas Holidays, as Hallmark Travel is recognised as a Global Achiever and one of their top 20 agents. And so, with a courtesy car from Hertz, we set off…… like lambs to the slaughter!
Challenge 1 – Jet Boating – screaming, and a thorough soaking
Challenge 2 – DreamWorld – The Gold Coast’s theme park, and we have to take at least 2 of the “thrill rides” – I chose Wipeout and the Cyclone Roller Coaster – and screamed even more!
Challenge 3 – with hardly any voice left to scream, I screamed anyway on the Holden Driving Challenge, for the rally drive of my life!
I think I earned that glass of bubbly at the finish at the Champagne Reception, high above the sky scrapers on the observation deck of Q1 – the world’s tallest residential building.
From the highest building to the deep, my next feat was Sea World, in a wet suit…. snorkelling with sharks!!! No sweat, no worries (see, it’s good to learn some aussie phrases!) Moreton Island, famous for dolphin experiences – showed me other excitements, a 4 wheel drive tour, and a quad bike adventure to sustain my adrenalin.
Very soon, I was calming down, leaving this adventure for a completely different one – Kangaroo Island in South Australia, just south of Adelaide. But the adventure and excitement here is pure nature – up close and personal encounters with the wildlife. Seals on the beach, koalas, wallabies and kangaroos.
With just, two night “stopover” in Perth on our way home, we enjoyed a lovely day in the open fresh air of Rottnest Island. We hired bikes to explore, and apart from all the beautiful views, we met the charming little natives here – the quokkas – mini marsupials, friendly and curious, but from afar they can be mistaken for rats, and so the island was originally called Rat’s Nest Island!
Three states in twelve days? Can you keep up the pace? I absolutely loved it…. but then I’ve got my reputation to think of! Whatever next?