- Norway’s Fjords and Mountains
- Let’s Cruise The Med – in Queen Victoria Style!
- The Blue Danube
- My Black Watch Experience
- A Cruise for a Purpose
- Moods and Memories of the Queen Mary 2!
- Cruising – as it used to be
- Two Cruises with a Difference
- Got Your Sea-Legs yet?
- All I Ask is a Tall Ship and a Star to Steer her by…
- Up Close, Personal, Small and Intimate – That’s Fred. Olsen!
- Choosing your Cruise (video clip)
- Family Life on the Ocean Wave
- Tales of the River Bank (video clip)
- A visit to the Queen – the Queen Mary 2 (video clip)
- Dispelling the myths (video clip)
- The Nile ….Egypt and the Land of the Pharaohs
If you’ve dreamed of seeing the Northern Lights, the best way is to get away from it all! Away from the city lights, out at sea. The darker the sky, the brighter the lights will appear. When there is no light, the aurora can reflect on the sea too.
Hurtigruten is the cruise company to take. This is not a traditional cruise, with cocktail parties and entertainment. These are very much working ships, calling at remote towns to deliver the post or supplies on a regular basis. Your fellow passengers will be interested in photography, wildlife and of course, all hoping to witness the spectacular light show of Aurora Borealis.
Fly from the UK to Bergen in Norway and embark the ship to start your journey to Kirkenes as you cross into the Artic Circle at 66 degrees 33 minutes north and enjoy sub-Arctic landscapes as we also cross the 71st parallel. Watch out for whales and look for herds of reindeer grazing by settlements of the local indigenous Sami people.
As if this isn’t enough – if you’re lucky and all the science is just right – Aurora Borealis will come out to play! It can be a few minutes or a few hours – it’s literally in the hands of the gods!
As an added bonus, Hurtigruten have a price promise attached to their 12 day Classic Round Voyage between 01 October 2017 and 31 March 2018 – if you don’t see the lights on your trip, Hurtigruten will offer you another 6 or 7 day Classic Voyage, FREE OF CHARGE! (there is some small print which we can explain)
Taking the “chance” out of it – you WILL see the Northern Lights and your dream will come true!