- Oman for Arabian Days and Nights
- Arabia’s City of Gold, by Jo Bradley
- UAE – Away from the crowds! By Gill Lindley
- Abu Dhabi Delights!
- Egypt – one of the World’s Greatest Treasures
- Cairo – the treasure of Egypt
- Dashing off to Discover Dubai (video clip)
- Do Buy in Dubai (video clip)
- Ras Al Khaimah ….or RAK! (video clip)
- Taba and Taba Heights
- The Kingdom of Jordan – and its Jewels (video clip)
- Discovering the Treasures of Egypt and Jordan
- Fujairah – the Little Known Emirate (video clip)
- Eilat and Petra
- The Magic of Arabia
There are 7 Emirates in the UAE and even though Abu Dhabi is the capital, Dubai must be the most famous!
Fujairah, in complete contrast, is a little known Emirate, about 2 hours across the desert, on the shores of the Indian Ocean. It’s quieter here, no shopping malls or night clubs – but with beautiful and comfortable 5 star hotels and resorts (and not too many of those!) that cater for western and expatriate tastes – a perfect breakaway.
Fujairah is steeped in history – its Bidya Mosque is the oldest in all of the Emirates, dating back to the middle of the 15th Century – and quite different from any of the newer modern mosques in the UAE.
Fujairah is nestled in the Hajar Mountains – a dramatic and desolate background. Many wadis, a couple of waterfalls and mineral springs…. if you are interested in exploring, take the dusty roads out of town and find them – you will enjoy the scenery and amazing landscape all around.
A little further north of Fujairah, and crossing the border to the northern bit of Oman is the fabulous Musandam Peninsula. We took a boat trip for the day and snorkelled among some astonishing coral reefs, teeming with colourful tropical fish. Our companions on the trip were very interested in scuba diving and the tour included two of the most popular dive sites. This is the place for dolphins, and if you’re lucky, you may see the world’s largest fish – the whale shark, as well as stingrays too. Our day trip was in an old fashioned Dhow, and with cold drinks, and a hot lunch, we returned to Fujairah, brown and shiny and with wide eyes and beaming grins!
Come and discover this little known Emirate for yourself!
If you’d like to know more email me: firstname.lastname@example.org