- Lucerne, the atmospheric city in Central Switzerland
- Let’s Cruise The Med – in Queen Victoria Style!
- The Blue Danube
- Mamma Mia! Here I go again!
- Rome, The Eternal City
- Go where? Gozo! By Jo Bradley
- Paris – The City of Love
- “I’m a Travel Agent” – Get me 12 Hours Off the Conveyor Belt of Life! by Becky Barker
- A Weekend in Northern Sardinia! by Natalie Huggett
- Andalucia!! Ole!
- The Arctic
- Sofia City Break by Brenda Wilkinson
- Three German Christmas Markets by Jo Bradley
- Switzerland – Shaken and Stirred! by Gill Lindley
- Magical Madeira by Gill Lindley
- Night Train to Lisbon
- David and Goliath
- Sweden on the Rocks! by Gill Lindley
- One Night In Brussels
- Disney Magic!
- Everything Spanish … just as it used to be! (video clip)
- A Tantalising Taste of Tunisia (video clip)
- Cyprus – the Island of Aphrodite
- Tunisia – the Jewel of the Mediterranean
- My First Business Trip as a Travel Agent! …..to Cyprus!
- Undiscovered Jewels of Italy
- Monte Carlo
- Destination Unknown (video clip)
- Lovely, lovely Lourdes
- Welcome to Croatia! Dubro dosli u Hrvatoku!
- Stunning Skiathos
- Bella Ischia
- Incredible Croatia
- Beautiful Bruges
- Istanbul (video clip)
- Ra Ra Rasputin! (video clip)
- Sigh a Sigh in Cyprus
- Terrific Tenerife! (video clip)
I walked slowly up the cool dark corridor, the noise around me fading in my ears as I approached the shining white marble apparition, high up on a pedestal bathed in a light that emanated from where…?
In the moment that I stopped and looked up at Michelangelo’s David, my breath caught in my throat as my eyes travelled from head to toe of this beautiful, mesmerising and perfect figure
David – caught in a pose, his sling over his shoulder, his hand cupped in a fist: thus he stands as Michelangelo carved him to look down on us for hundreds of years – immortalised
You will find David at the Accademia Gallery in Florence – and amongst the many treasures at the Uffizi Gallery nearby, you will see Botticelli’s “Birth of Venus” however, the jewel of all Firenze – is the Cathedral and Duomo. Brace yourself! It’s 456 steps to the top – but the view from the top is fantastic! You get up close to the painted ceiling at the top level – scenes of Judgement Day – devils, tails, horns and pitchforks sent me cowering to the stairways!
But outside, in the bright sunshine, eating Italian gelato (ice cream), all the demons were chased away!
Not far from Florence, I was at Pisa and its famous leaning tower. How we all laughed taking pictures and pretending to stop the tower leaning any further! Then a cold beer and a spaghetti as we watched the sun go down.
Florence – it’s a city break to break them all!
If you’d like to know more, email me: email@example.com